Instagram is an online mobile photo-sharing, video-sharing and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos, and share them on a variety of social networking platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Flickr. Download Instagram and its a must have app. Originally, a distinctive feature was that it confined photos to a square shape, similar to Kodak Instamatic and Polaroid images, in contrast to the 4:3 aspect ratio typically used by mobile device cameras.
In August 2015, version 7.5 was released, allowing users to post photos captured in any aspect ratio. Users can also apply digital filters to their images. The maximum duration for Instagram videos is 15 seconds. Instagram, one of the most popular filter photograph applications for iPhone that differs itself from the rest and has created an entire social network of users. Instagram’s main function is to give all your photographs a much more elegant aspect with the help of a series of filters and unique frames, some of which include very popular ones like XPro-II, Earlybird, Lo-fi, Sutro, Toaster, Brannan, Inkwell, Walden, Hefe, Nashville or 1977, to name a few relatively known examples.
However, what has really made Instagram popular is its social feature, which allows you to follow determined users to see which pictures they upload to the Internet at all times, or tag photos and find them through ‘hashtags’. This way, it is very simple to follow a photographic trend and instantly glance the snapshots of users around the world.
Instagram was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, and launched in October 2010 as a free mobile application. The app rapidly gained popularity, with over 100 million active users as of April 2012 and over 300 million as of December 2014. Instagram is distributed through the Apple App Store, Google Play, and Windows Phone Store. The service was acquired by Facebook in April 2012 for approximately US$1 billion in cash and stock. In 2013, Instagram grew by 23%, while Facebook, as the parent company, only grew by 3%.
INSTAGRAM SUPPORTED DEVICES
Instagram is available for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Android handsets, while third-party Instagram apps are also available for Blackberry 10 and Nokia-Symbian Devices.
INSTAGRAM MAIN FEATURES
* Edit photos and videos with free, custom-designed filters.
* Improve photos with 10 advanced creative tools to change brightness, contrast and saturation as well as shadows, highlights and perspective.
* Find people to follow based on the accounts and photos they already love.
* Instantly share photos and videos on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and other social networks.
* Connect with Instagrammers all over the world and keep up with their photos and videos.
Instagram offers a number of photographic filters that users can apply to their images:
* Normal: No filter applied
* 1977: The increased exposure with a red tint gives the photograph a rosy, brighter, faded look.
* Amaro: Adds light to an image, with the focus on the centre.
* Brannan: Increases contrast and exposure and adds a metallic tint.
* Earlybird: Gives photographs an older look with a sepia tint and warm temperature.
* Hefe: Hight contrast and saturation, with a similar effect to Lo-Fi but not quite as dramatic.
* Hudson: Creates an “icy” illusion with heightened shadows, cool tint and dodged center.
* Inkwell: Direct shift to black and white – no extra editing.
* Kelvin: Increases saturation and temperature to give it a radiant “glow”.
* Lo-fi: Enriches color and adds strong shadows through the use of saturation and “warming” the temperature.
* Mayfair: Applies a warm pink tone, subtle vignetting to brighten the photograph center and a thin black border
* Nashville: Warms the temperature, lowers contrast and increases exposure to give a light “pink” tint – making it feel “nostalgic”.
* Rise: Adds a “glow” to the image, with softer lighting of the subject.
* Sierra: Gives a faded, softer look.
* Sutro: Burns photo edges, increases highlights and shadows dramatically with a focus on purple and brown colors.
* Toaster: Ages the image by “burning” the centre and adds a dramatic vignette.
* Valencia: Fades the image by increasing exposure and warming the colors, to give it an antique feel
* Walden: Increases exposure and adds a yellow tint.
* Willow: A monochromatic filter with subtle purple tones and a translucent white border.
* X-Pro II: Increases color vibrance with a golden tint, high contrast and slight vignette added to the edges.
* Slumber: Desaturates the image as well as adds haze for a retro, dreamy look – with an emphasis on blacks and blues.
* Cream: Adds a creamy look that both warms and cools the image.
* Ludwig: A slight hint of desaturation that also enhances light.
* Aden: This filter gives a blue/green natural look.
* Perpetua: Adding a pastel look, this filter is ideal for portraits.
On September 1, 2015, Instagram announced improvements to Instagram Direct in version 7.5 in the App Store and the Google Play Store. You can now exchange threaded messages and send posts you see in Feed to to one or more people as a message. If you’ve previously sent individual messages to a person or group, those messages are now combined into single conversations.
Search & Explore
On June 23, 2015, Instagram released version 7.0 to the App Store and the Google Play Store with a completely redesigned Search & Explore experience. Discover new content with trending hashtags, trending places and featured photo/video collections curated by our editorial team. You can also now search places and use the new Top search to quickly find popular content.
INSTAGRAM NEWS, EMOJI, FILTERS, INSTAGRAM
In December, Instagram introduced five new filters. Inspired by weekend adventures outdoors, Lark, Reyes and Juno are a family of modern, subtle filters that brighten and enhance your photos in refined, beautiful ways. Lark desaturates reds while punching up blues and greens to bring your landscapes to life. Reyes brings a dusty, vintage look to your moments. And finally, Juno tints cool tones green while making warm tones pop and whites glow for vibrant photos of people.
You can also now use emoji in your hashtags. Over the past few years, emoji have become part of a universal visual language. With emoji hashtags, you can discover even more by adding them to your own photos and videos, searching them on the Explore page and tapping on them when you see them in captions.
350 Instagram Captions for Selfies and Quotes You Can Use
Instagram Search – How to Search or Find People On Instagram
Download TrueCaller – Identify Caller ID & Block numbers
Instagram Search – How to Search or Find People On Instagram
How To Use Instagram Stories ~ A Complete Guide
Best Instagram Accounts to Follow ~ Celebrities, Designers and more