If you’ve never heard of Snapchat, you’ve been living somewhere other than the planet Earth the past few years. More than 100 million people now use Snapchat daily to visually capture and share moments – 9,000 Snaps or photos are being shared every second. Back to the topic, you forgot Snapchat password and want to recover it right? You may be tearing your hair out trying to remember it. Don’t worry, there are a few things you can try, depending on the situation with your account. This post summarizes your options and outlines what you can do step by step.
With such a huge user base, Snapchat login problems are as common as those on other popular messaging apps or social networking sites. This does not only fall into the forgotten username or password category but also due to server/host problems which every major application or web services has to cope with. Or in the most unfortunate event that your Snapchat account has been hacked.
How to Recover Snapchat Password or Reset Snapchat Password
Whether you forgot your password or your username or whether someone managed to hack your account and changed your password, there are several ways to reclaim your account. First, you need to identify your account. For this step you need to have or remember your email address or phone number you used at the time of creating your Snapchat Account or sign up process, if you forgot your email address please proceed to the last option.
Forgot Snapchat password? Reset via SMS
Recovering or retrieving Snapchat password is quite easy and a quick process that requires nothing but your email address and internet access. If you have a verified email associated with your Snapchat account you can reset your password from either within the app or through any web browsers. To recover forgot Snapchat password or reset your Snapchat password, follow the below instructions;
1. Launch Snapchat app from your device or open your web browser and go directly to https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/password_reset_request
2. Tap the Snapchat Settings Icon which is at the top left corner of the screen.
3. Under Settings Tap ‘Password?’
4. Tap “Forgot your password” under the reset password.
5. Once tapped, it will take you to the Password Reset page, like in the screenshot below.
6. On the page, you will be asked to provide the email id or address associated with your Snapchat account, enter your email id and then check or mark on “I’m not a robot.
7. Finally hit the “Submit” button.
8. Wait for a while, you should receive a password reset link via email to the email address associated with your account.
9. Go to your email client and log in. Look for new email from Snapchat Team which is labelled as “Snapchat Password Reset” open and click on the password reset link.
10. You will now be directed to a page which will let you reset your password.
11. Choose a New password. Please note that your password must be at least 8 characters long, and must contain at least two characters (i.e. lower-case letters, upper-case letters, numbers, or symbols. Make sure to create a strong password. Having a weak password makes it easy for hackers to gain access to your information.
12. When you are done, Click “Change Password” button.
13. That’s it. You should now be able to log in with your new password. If it still doesn’t work try the below options.
Reset Snapchat password via SMS
In addition to the standard password reset method, Snapchat provides its users with a secondary method to reset a password through SMS, provided if you still have your phone number used at the time of creating your Snapchat account.
1. Repeat the first three steps from above or you can go directly here https://support.snapchat.com/en-US/co/sms-reset
2. Tap ‘Forgot your password?’ button
3. The page will then ask you, how you would like to reset your password, select via SMS.
4.You will be directed to a page like in the screenshot below, fill the necessary filed -your username, email address, and your phone number. You can also describe additional information in the text, here you can mention about the problem you are facing.
5. Check or mark on “I’m not a robot.
6. Click “Send’ button
7. Wait for a few seconds, a verification code should be sent to the phone number associated with your account.
8. Enter the verification code and select ‘Continue’.
9. Lastly, enter your new desired password!
Was Your Snapchat Account Hacked & Is Sending Out Spam?
In the event that your account was hacked and it is experiencing suspicious behavior, such as spam sent from your account, you were alerted that someone logged into your account from a different location, IP address, or device, having to continually re-login to the app, contacts being added to your list without your permission, mobile number or email address associated with your Snapchat account was changed without your consent. It is possible that your account may have been compromised.
If this is the case, please follow the below instructions as soon as possible:
1. Change your password, follow the first two method on how to change or reset password.
2. Verify that the email address and mobile number associated with your account are accurate in your Snapchat settings.
3. If you are still having trouble with your account and you think that you Snapchat was hacked, you can inform the Snapchat team here: https://support.snapchat.com/en-US/co/hacked-account
Is None Of The Above An Option?
Maybe your situation is different from the scenarios described above and hence the suggested solutions won’t work. There is no other way. More than likely you will just have to create a new Snapchat account.
Pro Tips to Consider to Stay Safe
1. It is important to change your passwords occasionally. Make sure you have a strong password.
2. Have a valid email address and phone number associated with your Snapchat account. If you forgot Snapchat password, your email address and phone number can be used to reset it.
3. Verified both you email and phone number. Verifying your email address can help you secure your account. If you have not verified your email address, your settings gear will appear red. Follow the steps below to set your email address.
#Tap the settings icon in the upper right corner of the Profile screen
#Tap ‘Email’ or Phone
#Tap the field that says ‘Email Address’ and enter a valid email address
4. To make Snapchat account more secure activate Login Verification, also known as two-factor authentication. If you don’t how to active this to settings tap “Login Verification” and follow the onscreen instructions.
5. Never give your Snapchat account details to an unofficial website, as it could compromise your account and information. Some phishing websites may look very similar to the official Snapchat page.
That conclude our guide on Forgot Snapchat Password and How to Recover Snapchat Password. Please let us know in case this article helped you recover your Snapchat password. Also, if you know of additional ways to recover a Snapchat password, share them with us in the comment box below!
Snapchat Related Posts:
Snapchat Usernames – List of Celebrity Snapchat Usernames
Snapchat Ghost Meaning – What Do the Different White Snapchat Ghosts Mean?
How to Create and Use Snapchat Geofilters On-Demand – A Complete Guide
How to Use Snapchat Stickers including 3D Stickers
Snapchat Scores – Is your Snapchat Scores dropped or went down?
New Snapchat Trophies – How to Unlock All Snapchat Trophies
Snapchat Emojis and their Meanings