Have you joined Pericscope? A video streaming platform that connects people with friends and others through broadcast and let you explore the world through live video. Periscope has recently launched Group feature for Android and iOS devices and on the web to watch broadcasts. These Periscope Groups helps users connect with their audience and others in the Periscope community. Periscopers are spending more and more time in groups rather than in private broadcasts. Unfortunately, it seems like a lot of people don’t know how to create a Periscope Group. So we thought we’d give everyone a basic tutorial on how to get one started. If you are a new user, you may check out our complete on How to Use Periscope App.
What are Periscope Groups?
Periscope Groups are designed to let users create and broadcast to and share videos with a more targeted group of people. With a Periscope Group you are creating a community of people and friedns to broadcast, share and discuss relevant topics live. This feature is especially helpful for sharing broadcasts with close groups of friends and your communities with specific interests — such as your Fantasy Football crew. It helps Periscopers find, discover, and promote new people in those communities because anyone in the group can add other broadcasters. Any member can broadcast to a group and share videos with the members to keep everyone updated on what’s happening live.
You should also check out these Tips on Periscope.
1. Celebrities on Periscope – a list of Celebrities on Periscope to follow.
2. Periscope Score and Flame – to know your Periscope score and what they mean.
3. Get More Periscope Followers – to get more Periscope followers through Periscope Best Practices.
4. Save Periscope Live Streamed Broadcasts Forever – to save your Periscope broadcasts to your device.
5. Periscope Hearts and Periscope Heart Counts – what they mean and how they are counted.
How to Create a Periscope Group?
Before creating a Periscope Group, you need to first decide on a topic or idea to center the group around. This could be a topic on which you are interested, a geographical location, a business, a favorite product, Tips on various things, an artist or anything that you want to create a group for. Once you have decided on the topic, you can then create the Group on Pericsope by following the instructions below:
1. Update your app. If you are still using the older version of Periscope app, it might not have this feature. So update your Periscope app to the latest version from your respective app market or store. If you are on Android go to Google Play Store and for iOS devices go to Apple App Market iTunes.
2. Open your Periscope App from your device as you normally do.
3. Go to the “People” tap and tap on your Profile icon.
4. Below your Profile, under Groups, Select or tap on the “CREATE GROUP”.
How to Broadcast to a Periscope Group
1. Open your Periscope app and head over to the People tap
2. Tap on Your Profile, below your Profile select a group from the list you would like to broadcast to.
3. Tap on the “Broadcast to Group” button.
From the Go LIVE page:
1. Tap Public to change audience.
2. Select a Group under “Choose who you want to see your broadcast”
3. Select “Go LIVE”
That’s it on Periscope Group! Now that you’ve read this post, hopefully you can now successfully create a Periscope Group on your own. Start broadcasting now and engage more users in your community!