Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ContentAd__Includes__Widget has a deprecated constructor in /home/appsthpt/public_html/wp-content/plugins/contentad/includes/widget.class.php on line 3 How To Change Your Name on Tinder in Few Easy Steps
You used a fake name and age on Facebook and now you want to change your first name on Tinder because Tinder displays the same as Facebook. Since, Tinder pulls your Facebook profile information to create your Tinder profile, there is no way to change your name on Tinder. It uses your Facebook basic information to analyzes users’ social graph to match potential users based on their geographical location, mutual friends, common interests and few other things. However, there is a walk around on how to do this. In this post, we will guide you through the steps by steps instruction on how to change your name on Tinder and change your age on Tinder.
How To Change Your Name on Tinder or Change Tinder Name
As mentioned above, Tinder uses your Facebook information, so in order to change your Tinder name, you will first need to change your Facebook name. Here’s how you do it;
Change Your Facebook Name
If you are on Facebook App, go to Settings menu which is on the top right side corner of the screen, scroll down, under the Help & Settings look for Account Settings.
Now tap on the Account Settings, Go to General and tap on Name. Fill the text fields and finally change your name to whatever you want it to be on Tinder as well as on Facebook.
Once you entered your desired name, tap on the Review Changes and you are done.
If you are on Desktop version of Facebook, Click on the Menu Settings which is the last menu option on the top right side of the navigation bar. From the drop down list click on the Settings. Once clicked, it will take you to the General Account Settings page.
Under the General Account Settings click on Edit beside Name, now enter your desired name and save the changes you have made. It might prompt you to enter your Facebook Login Password just to make sure that you are the true owner of that account.
Now, go back to your Tinder app and log out and login again. Wait for a couple of days or weeks for Tinder to update your profile. Make sure that Tinder has access to your Facebook account and able to sync it. To do this, follow the below instructions;
1. Log out Tinder
2. Go to your Facebook Settings and then to Apps.
3. Under Apps look for Tinder, now allow the Tinder permissions to associate with your Tinder profile.
3. Head back to Tinder App and Login again with your Facebook account. Once done, Tinder App will now sync your Facebook account and your Tinder information will be updated.
If it doesn’t update your profile after a week or so, consider following the below step.
If your name doesn’t update after a week or so, you might have to delete your account and start over. Please note that deleting your Tinder account will also delete all the matches you have made and messages you have exchanged with your contacts. If you want to proceed with this step, follow the steps below:
1. Open your Tinder app as you normally do.
2. Go to Settings
3. Under Settings, at the bottom of the page, there will be a Delete Account, tap on that, once tapped, it will prompt you either to just hide your account or delete your account. Tap on the Delete My Account.
4. Once you tap on Delete My Account, you will be asked to choose the reason for deleting your account, select or tap Something is Broken as shown in the screenshot below.
4. You are done deleting your Tinder Account.
5. Now after you have updated your name and age on Facebook, Create a new Tinder account by downloading and installing Tinder App.
6. Once you have created account and open your Tinder, it will now display your new name.
Please note that if you subscribed to Tinder Plus, deleting the Tinder app and your account does not cancel your subscription. When you’ve finished creating your new Tinder profile again, you can restore your Tinder Plus subscription from the Settings (see screenshot below) and you will still able to continue to enjoy your Tinder Plus just like before.
How To change Your Age on Tinder?
For some reasons, if you have decided or wanted to change your age on Tinder, there is no way to do it from the app itself. Like changing name, you will have to first change your age on Facebook and then delete your Tinder account and start all over again. Here’s how you change your age on Facebook.
1. Open your Facebook account either from the App or a desktop version. Go to tour Profile page.
2. Now tap or click on ” About” and under Contact and Basic Information look for your Birthday.
3. Click “Edit” now enter you Birth date, month and year. Once you are satisfied with it, tap or click on the Save button.
4. You are done changing your birthday or age. Please note that there is a limit in the number of times that you can change your birthday.
5. Login your Tinder app with the Facebook Login button.
6. Tap on the Settings or Gear icon which is on the top left side of the screen.
7. Scroll down and at the bottom there will be Delete Account button tap on it. Tinder will ask you whether if you really want to delete your account and choose the reason Something is Broken.
8. Now open Tinder App and create new or fresh account using the Facebook Login. It will now be updated with your new age. If the changes you have made has not been updated then follow the above mentioned steps.
That conclude our guide on changing name on Tinder and age on Tinder. Hope these few tips help you in changing your name on Tinder.