Snapchat is no doubt an addictive app. There is the fun selfie filters or Lenses, Snapchat Lenses are proving to be the feature that people use the app for. Using facial recognition software and animated effects, Snapchat provides users with fun and free lenses to use and send to their friends, with a wide range of selection options changing on a daily basis. You are here most probably because you wanted to delete Snapchat account, read on to learn How to Delete Snapchat Account Permanently. Even though Snapchat is a great photo messaging app that lets you send quick snaps to your friends which disappear in seconds and look at curated sponsored content through Stories, Snapchat might not be for everybody, and that’s fine.
But what about if you’ve had enough of the annoying selfies, pointless videos and the same friend keep sending you photos with different lenses every day or with the recent news that Snapchat was hacked and users’ information were leaked out, you may be considering deleting your account.
If you don’t think you will never use Snapchat again, there’s a way out. Please keep in mind that you won’t be able to reactivate your account or retrieve anything you’ve added once you deleted your Snapchat account. Of course, Snapchat doesn’t want you to do this, so they don’t provide an option Like Facebook for deactivating and reactivation account, the only possible option is to permanently delete your Snapchat account.
Here, we will guide you through on how to permanently delete Snapchat account in a few easy steps. Please note that you can’t delete your account right from the Snapchat app (Update: Possible now). Instead of just trying to delete the Snapchat app from your phone, you can permanently delete your entire Snapchat account, friends and everything, follow the step-by-step instructions on how to permanently delete Snapchat account.
Delete Snapchat Account Permanently from the App.
If you have really decided to delete your Snapchat account please follow the instructions below. Please note that this action is irreversible.
1. Open the Snapchat app from your device as you normally do.
2. If you have logged of your Account, Login into your account again.
3. Tap the Snapchat Ghost icon on top of the screen.
4. Then go to Settings which is located in the upper right corner of the screen.
5. Navigate to ‘Support’ page.
6. Search for “Delete Account” and select the delete account option.
7. Enter your username and password when prompted and tap on the confirm button.
8. Finally tab on the “Delete an Account’ to delete your account.
9. Done! Your account is deleted permanently.
Delete Snapchat Account from the Web.
Snapchat Account can also be deleted on any web browser including on your smartphone or tablet browsers. To perform this task follow the instructions given below.
1. First head over to the Snapchat Account deactivation page https://support.snapchat.com/delete_account in any web browser.
2. Once you’ve entered the website, you’ll see a screen similar to the above. There will be a text field which you need to fill- your Username and Password, enter your credentials correctly, use the exact credentials as you used in the app.
3. The next step is to check the box confirming that you’re not a robot.
4. Then tap the Submit button.
5. Before your account is completely deleted, Snapchat will ask you once more to confirm your decision by re-inputting your Snapchat password.
6. In order to delete the account permanently, you will need to re-enter your password. Once you have entered your password, click the “Delete My Account” button. Note that deleting your account is irreversible. Your account is now deleted forever.
7. If you want to confirm whether you account is deleted, go back to the webpage and try to login with your username and password, if it is deleted you you won’t be able to login again or you will get the error message.
How to reactivate Snapchat Account?
If you’ve changed your mind or had a second thoughts regarding your deleted Snapchat account, there’s is a way to reactivate Snapchat account. If you want to reactivate your Snapchat account again, just follow the below short steps;
1. Open your Snapchat App from phone. If you have already uninstalled, download and install again.
2. Once open, Tap Log In. Here, you will need to Log in with your old Snapchat username and password. Enter them correctly.
3. Tap on “Yes” when prompted if you’d like to reactivate your account.
4. Now tap on “OK”. Snapchat will send you an email when your account has been reactivated. Wait for a few seconds for the mail arrive at your inbox. When it comes, Log In to the Snapchat app.
5. Your Snapchat account will be activated at once.
Clearing Conversations on Snapchat
Snapchat saves your messages in the device, not in the account, so if you have opened the messages, they will get deleted. To clear your messages or conversation from your feed screen, simply follow the instructions below:
1. Tap the Snapchat Ghost icon at the top of your camera screen.
2. Tap the Settings icon in the top right hand corner of your Profile screen.
3. Scroll down and tap ‘Clear Conversations’ under Account Actions.
4. Then, Tap the X next to a name to clear a conversation, or ‘Clear All’ at the top right of the screen.
Note that clearing a conversation will not delete any saved or sent content.
Deleting a Snap from My Story
If you want to delete a Snap from your Story, you can do so by just following the below steps.
1. Tap the three dots Snapcode Selfie to the right of My Story.
2. Tap a Snap.
3. Tap the Delete icon at the bottom of the screen to delete the Snap.
Right now, there is no way to delete your entire Story at once, you will have to delete each Snap if you’d like to delete your Story. Or you can just leave it as Snaps are only live on your Story for 24 hours.