Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ContentAd__Includes__Widget has a deprecated constructor in /home/appsthpt/public_html/wp-content/plugins/contentad/includes/widget.class.php on line 3 How To Create a Periscope Group - A Complete Guide
Have you joined Pericscope? A video streaming platform that connects people with friends and others through broadcast and let you explore the world through live video. Periscope has recently launched Group feature for Android and iOS devices and on the web to watch broadcasts. These Periscope Groups helps users connect with their audience and others in the Periscope community. Periscopers are spending more and more time in groups rather than in private broadcasts. Unfortunately, it seems like a lot of people don’t know how to create a Periscope Group. So we thought we’d give everyone a basic tutorial on how to get one started. If you are a new user, you may check out our complete on How to Use Periscope App.
What are Periscope Groups?
Periscope Groups are designed to let users create and broadcast to and share videos with a more targeted group of people. With a Periscope Group you are creating a community of people and friedns to broadcast, share and discuss relevant topics live. This feature is especially helpful for sharing broadcasts with close groups of friends and your communities with specific interests — such as your Fantasy Football crew. It helps Periscopers find, discover, and promote new people in those communities because anyone in the group can add other broadcasters. Any member can broadcast to a group and share videos with the members to keep everyone updated on what’s happening live.
Before creating a Periscope Group, you need to first decide on a topic or idea to center the group around. This could be a topic on which you are interested, a geographical location, a business, a favorite product, Tips on various things, an artist or anything that you want to create a group for. Once you have decided on the topic, you can then create the Group on Pericsope by following the instructions below:
1. Update your app. If you are still using the older version of Periscope app, it might not have this feature. So update your Periscope app to the latest version from your respective app market or store. If you are on Android go to Google Play Store and for iOS devices go to Apple App Market iTunes.
2. Open your Periscope App from your device as you normally do.
3. Go to the “People” tap and tap on your Profile icon.
4. Below your Profile, under Groups, Select or tap on the “CREATE GROUP”.
5. It will take you to the next page, where you will be asked to enter the Name for your group.
6. Enter your desire group Name.
7. Now Tap on the Tick mark sign at the right top corner of the screen.
8. To Add members to your newly created Group, tap on ADD MEMBERS.
9. Select from your Friends list.
10. To rename Periscope Group, just simply tap on your Group, on right top corner of the screen, Tap on the Settings or three Dots to rename it.
How to Broadcast to a Periscope Group
1. Open your Periscope app and head over to the People tap
2. Tap on Your Profile, below your Profile select a group from the list you would like to broadcast to.
3. Tap on the “Broadcast to Group” button.
4. Write a title of the Broadcast before you start and meet people with similar interest.
5. Finally, tap on the Go Live button, you are now LIVE.
From the Go LIVE page:
1. Tap Public to change audience.
2. Select a Group under “Choose who you want to see your broadcast”
3. Select “Go LIVE”
That’s it on Periscope Group! Now that you’ve read this post, hopefully you can now successfully create a Periscope Group on your own. Start broadcasting now and engage more users in your community!
How To Create a Periscope Group – A Complete Guide was last modified: November 14th, 2016 by admin