If you are one of those guys looking for new Kik Friends, you are here at the right webpage. Before we show you ways on how to find Kik friends, let’s first see a brief background of Kik Messenger. Kik Messenger is one of the most popular messaging applications in the world, and most popular in North America. The app is available on most iOS, Android, and Windows Phone operating systems free of charge.
Kik Messenger is developed by Kik Interactive, a company which was founded in 2009 by a group of students from the University of Waterloo in Canada who wished to create new technologies for use on mobile smartphones and Kik is the first app developed by Kik Interactive, and was launched on October 19, 2010.
Unlike many messaging apps like Whatsapp, Snapchat, Instagram etc., Kik is different in one aspect, its anonymity. To register for Kik messaging service it doesn’t require a phone number, it just requires a user first and last name, e-mail address, and date of birth and must be at least 13 years old.
Kik offers users to select a username as well. As of now Kik Messenger users now reached over 275 million and it is still growing. Kik Messenger is modeled after BlackBerry Messenger. Kik uses a smartphone’s data plan or Wi-Fi to transmit and receive messages.</ br>
Find Kik Friends
If you are new to the app or don’t have any friends or family members who use it yet, finding friends in Kik is not that simple. Like any other messaging apps, Kik heavily relies on social interaction, so it’s important to know how you can locate your friends or new friends. Kik chats are sent using usernames, which means that searching by real names is difficult. Searching by your friend’s username or using the Address Book matching feature to search your phone’s contact list is the simplest way. However, there are a number of other ways to go about this or find Kik friends, which we will walk you through in this post.
Update Kik Messenger
Since new features are being added, it is always to good to have the latest version of Kik Messenger installed on your device. Also, make sure you have your exact phone number registered on your Kik account to ensure your Kik friends will be able to locate you. Android handles this feature for you automatically. So keep you app up-to-date and your registered phone number the same.
Find Kik Friends through Phone Contacts
The easiest and simple way to find your friends on Kik is to use your phone contacts. This method is available on iPod, iPhone and Android devices. To find friends from your phone contacts, follow the instructions below;
1. Launch your Kik Messenger app from your device desktop.
2. From the main screen, go to your main chats list. If you are on iPhone or iPod: tap the Talk To icon which s in the top right corner of the screen.
If you are on Android device: tap the Talk To icon in the bottom right corner.
For Windows: tap the Talk to an icon at the middle bottom.
3. Now Select “Find People”
4. Tap “Use Phone Contacts”
5. Enter your phone number (on Android devices your phone number is automatically detected)
6. Tap “Find Friends”
7. Now, wait for the scanning process to finish. Once done, you will see a match message in your New Chats list if you have contacts in your phone’s address book who are also on Kik, and who also have this feature enabled.
8. To add a match to your list of contacts, send a message to them.
If you are still on older versions of Kik, or on your Windows Phone, Symbian or BlackBerry, this feature is called Address Book Matching. To turn it on please follow the steps by steps instructions;
1. Tap Settings
2. Select “Privacy”
3. Select “Address Book Matching”
4. Tap “Yes” in the pop-up box
5. Type your phone number in the pop-up box
Some tips for this feature to work. Enter your exact phone number to match it with friends on Kik who have your phone number saved in their phone contacts (Android does this for you automatically if your device has a phone number). Also, make sure that your account is set up with the email address you share with your friends. Kik will check your friends’ address books for your email address as well. Even if you are using your phone contacts to find friends on Kik, your phone number won’t ever be visible on Kik.
Finding and Adding friends through Kik Codes
Kik Codes are the fastest, and easiest way to find, add Kik friends and join groups on Kik. To use Kik codes you need to have the latest version Kik installed and they are available on the latest version of Kik for iOS and Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later.
To scan a Kik Code:
1. Pull down from the top of your main chats list to open the scanner screen.
2. Tap the Code icon at the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap the Share icon in the top right corner.
If you’re on iOS 6: scan a Kik Code by tapping Settings > Your Kik Code > tap the Camera icon at the bottom of the screen. You won’t be able to ‘pull to scan’ Kik Codes. You can change the background color of your Kik Code before you share it. Just tap on your Kik Code.
Share your Kik Code to Groups
Kik Codes are also available on Groups, to share your Kik code, follow the instructions below;
1. First Open the group chat
2. Tap the Info icon in the top right corner of the group.
3. Tap Show Kik Code
4. Tap the Share icon in the top right corner. That’s it.
Sharing your Kik Code somewhere like Twitter, or Instagram, etc., will make it visible to people who can see your profile on those apps/sites – and they’ll be able to chat with you. Messages from new people will appear in your New Chats list and you have the option to either start a chat with them or to delete, block or report as spam.
Share Your Kik Profile
The third option is sharing your Kik profile across select social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, WhatsApp , Telegram among others. Kik has a built-in feature on iOS and Android devices that allows you to do this. This means everyone you’re friends with on these other platforms will be able to see your Kik username and connect with you to chat on Kik. You can share your profile by going to Settings and tapping on the option Share Your Profile that listed at the bottom of the screen. Now simply choose whatever the social network you want to share your username to, and it will automatically post to that platform.
Finding friends through Kik Cards or Common Interests
Another way of finding new friends is to look for people with similar interests as you. Kik has a feature called Kik Cards, that will allow you to meet new people from all over the world. You can check out some of the web pages in Kik’s browser and look out for similar or common interests. To access this feature, Just tap them on the Globe icon on your main chats screen and start searching for whatever you like…for example “Match” “Chat” “Music Bands” etc and add fans to the end of it if you’d like.
This feature also allows you to become a member of a public group. Up to 50 members can be a part of each group, which will help you expand your social status using a common ground. To join a public group, all you have to do is search for a hashtag that relates to your interests (for instance, #kikfans or #OneDirectionFans).
Searching and Adding by Kik Username
This method only works if you know your friend’s Kik username. Look out for some Kik’s usernames in other platforms, comments on Kik’s Instagram or Facebook posts, there are lots of others just like you looking for friends, and you could find someone you really connect with. Or if you know someone who is using Kik, you could try their real name in case they chose that to use as their username. Another way is to ask your friends on Facebook, Yik Yak, Tumblr, or Clash of the Clans “What’s your Kik’s usernames”. It’s really simple.
Using Kik Friend Finder Online
There are a lot of websites claiming they could help you find new Kik friends. These websites usually ask you to sign up and opt into finding new friends. This method is risky since we do not know that whether they are really offering genuine usernames or fake profiles or fake Kik friends. Do with caution and always read the website disclaimer first before taking any action.
Adding Kik Friends on Different OS
Here is how to share usernames or Kik Codes to connect in Kik on different OS.
1. First, scan a friend’s Kik Code to add them:
2. Pull down from the top of your main chats list to open the scanner screen.
3. Point your device’s camera at your friend’s Kik Code
Your friends can also scan your Kik Code to add you the same way.
To show your Kik Code:
1. Pull down from the top of your main chats list screen to open the scanner screen.
2. then, tap the Code icon at the bottom of the screen.
If you’re on iOS 6: scan a Kik Code by tapping Settings > Your Kik Code > tap the Camera icon at the bottom of the screen.
Please note that Kik Codes are only available on the latest version of Kik for iOS and Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later. You might need to update the app on your iPod, iPhone or Android to use Kik Codes.
To add your friends by username:
On your iPod, iPhone or Android with the latest version of Kik:
1. Again, from your main chats list:
If you are on iPod or iPhone: Tap the Talk To icon in the top right of the screen.
If you are on Android: Tap the Talk To icon in the bottom right of the chat screen.
2. Type in your friend’s Kik username
3. Tap your friend’s name
4. Tap Start Chatting
5. Send your friend a message to say hello!
If you are on Windows Phone:
1. Tap the Talk To icon at the bottom of your screen
2. Start typing your friend’s username
3. Tap your screen below the search bar to find a new contact
4. Type in your friend’s Kik username
5. Tap Next
6. Tap Write New Message to send a message to your friend and save them to your contacts or tap Add to Contacts to save them without sending them a message.
If you are on BlackBerry:
1. Tap the Contacts icon in the top right
2. Tap Find New Contact
3. Type in your friend’s Kik username
4. Tap Write a New Message to send a message to your friend and save them to your contacts, or tap Add to Contacts to save them without sending them a message.
If you are on Symbian:
1. From your Contacts list tap the + at the bottom
2. Type in your friend’s Kik username
3. Tap Search
4. Type in your friend’s username
5. Tap Write a New Message to send a message to your friend and save them to your contacts, or tap Add to Contacts to save them without sending them a message.
Share this post on your social networking site accounts to help you and others find Kik Friends. Or if you know any other methods, let us know in the comment box below! You can also leave your Kik’s Usernames at the comment box to let others find you!