You are here because most probably your Snapchat account has been Blocked or temporarily locked? No worries, we will work you through on how to unlock or get your Snapchat account back without creating a new one. Also a look at all the possible reasons for being getting your Snapchat account Blocked or Suspended.
Why Your Snapchat Account get Blocked? Why it Happened?
One of the possible reason why your Snapchat Account is Blocked because you are using third – party app to access Snapchat for using certain features which are illegal or Snapchat does not allow it at the moment.
If you’re a fan of Snapchat and who would you like to use some Snapchat- oriented jailbreak tweaks like Phantom for Snapchat tweak, 6snap, Cydia tweak, GhostPref or SnapMoreText running and many more. These third-party applications allow to do certain things like spoof locations, save media, set custom notifications sounds, and much more.
Please note that Snapchat in December 2015 has been cracking down on those accounts using third-party applications. The Snapchat application now detects for tweaks specifically used to breaks Snapchat features or adds more functionalities to the app. Fortunately, the lockout isn’t permanent – at least not yet.
Third-party applications and plugins (or tweaks) are not supported by Snapchat and can compromise the security of your account. What are these third party-apps?.
According to Snapchat- a third-party application is an app that isn’t the official Snapchat application but uses your Snapchat login information (username and password) to access Snapchat services. A plugin (or tweak) is an add-on that creates additional functionalities that are not included in the official Snapchat application.
Keep in mind that there is no official Snapchat client for Windows or Blackberry devices. So, if you’re accessing Snapchat with one of those devices, you are using an unauthorized third-party application. To ensure the security of your account, please change your password.
You must uninstall any plugins or third-party applications before attempting to unlock your account, or it may be locked again. The use of third-party applications or plugins can lead to your account being permanently locked.
Another reason is Snapchat support is might be going crazy, this is a common problem that many Snapchat users have been facing in the recent months. Ever since Snapchat has release frequent updates which may result in many Snapchat accounts being blocked temporarily.
Another reason is you are sending spam, unsolicited Snaps or messages in Chat, and other abusive behavior. If Snapchat detects that you are involved in such activities your Snapchat Account will be Blocked by Snapchat.
If you are adding too many friends when you haven’t verified your email or your phone number, this may also result in the suspension of your account.
How to Unlock Blocked Snapchat Account
Fortunately, a Snapchat lockout is not permanent, which means your locked Snapchat account can still be recovered. Follow these instructions below:
Uninstalled Third-Party Apps
If you are one of those Snapchatters most probably on Windows phone or even with iOS or Android, using third – party apps like 6snap and Phantom and others, please make sure to uninstall them. If you try logging in before you uninstall any third-party Snapchat apps, your unlock button may be replaced by an error message saying “We are sorry, we were unable to process your request.”
Please note that accounts temporarily locked for 3rd party app users can take up to 1 day to unlock according to Snapchat’s support.
1. Remove any third party Snapchat apps or tweaks you have installed on your device like Phantom, 6snap etc.
If you are on iPhone: Go to Cydia → Tap on Install from bottom → Tap on Phantom Cydia Tweak → Tap on Modify → Tap on Remove from Pop-up options.
2. Uninstall or Remove Snapchat App from your Device.
3. Once uninstalled, again download the latest version of Snapchat from your respective app store.
Getting Your Blocked Snapchat Account Back.
1. Head over to https://www.snapchat.com/unlock and enter your login information. Follow the on-screen instructions carefully to submit details.
2. Once you fill in your details, Click on the big yellow Unlock button.
3. Snapchat will most likely unlock your account and send you a fresh password with which to log in. Log in with this password and then change the password for security.
4. If it is a success, now launch the app on your device and it should log you back in as normal.
5. Still getting “Error To Unlock” message? If this is the case, now the ball is the Snapchat’s court. You can directly send an email to Snapchat about your problem, wait for them to respond. If no response, you can tweet about the issue and tag@snapchatsupport.
If all the above instructions failed, try turning off your internet connection by putting your phone or tablet into an Airplane mode and turn it back On. Alternatively, try using your cellular connection only, or your Wi-Fi connection only. At last resort, restart your iPhone with a hard reboot.
Your Network is Blocked?
This is one common error message that some Snapchatters often received. This problem can be caused by spam or other prohibited uses of Snapchat suspected of originating from the IP address you are using. If you have been using Snapchat normally, it’s possible that someone else using the same service provider is responsible for the suspicious activity.
IP blocking is usually temporary and will go away on its own sometime after the suspicious activity is no longer detected. If you faced this problem follow the instructions below to resolve the issue.
1. If you are using a VPN service, you can switch it off and on.
2. If you are not using a VPN, try switching to a different network. Try changing from Wi-Fi to your mobile data and or switching to a different Wi-Fi network or whatever services you are access to.
Still not working? Why not create a new Snapchat Account and start Snapping again.
That’s it, on Snapchat Account Locked? We hope that you are able to Unlock our blocked Snapchat Account using the above tips. If you know of any other tips or walk around to get Unlock Blocked Snapchat Account to make sure to leave a comment below.
RELATED SNAPCHAT POSTS: