Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ContentAd__Includes__Widget has a deprecated constructor in /home/appsthpt/public_html/wp-content/plugins/contentad/includes/widget.class.php on line 3 What is a Snapcode? How to Create and Add Friends With a Snapcode
Looking for what is a Snapcode? Well, Snapchat’s Snapcodes were first introduced in January 2015 with an aim of adding friends on Snapchat a lot easier. Unlike many messaging apps like Facebook, Twitter etc. Snapchat doesn’t have the discovery capabilities, the only way to add friends on Snapchat is through usernames. With Snapchat recent updates, Snapchatters now have been able to add friends on the app through Snapcodes, also known as Snaptags. Read on for a complete guide on How to Create and Add Friends With a Snapcode.
Users can simply point their camera over the QR codes, featuring Snapchat’s signature white ghost and yellow backdrop, and tap their screen to add friends. Apart from this Snapchat also recently added another feature called Add Nearby which is designed to show fellow Snapchatters who are in your immediate vicinity. This features relies on the GPS location reported by Snapchatters’ devices, so it might not always be totally accurate. To use this feature, you will have to enable your Location Services through your device.
Since the launch of Snapcodes, millions of Snapcodes are scanned each week according to Snapchat. Another update made it possible for Snapchatters to download vector versions of their Snapcodes and place them on websites, social network accounts, screens at concerts, posters or a number of other places. Snapchatters can also personalize their Snapcodes from downloadable vector files from the Snapchat website according to their branding guidelines.
What is a Snapcode?
Snapcodes are unique, scannable codes that make adding new Snapchat friends and opening Snapchat content even easier. Each Snapchatters now has their Snapchat-branded QR code or Snaptags on their profile that can be opened by pressing the yellow ghost icon atop the camera. If another user scans someone’s Snapcode by focusing their Snapchat app’s camera on it, they automatically follow that particular person.
Where Do I Find My Snapcode?
Your Snapcode is located within the Snapchat App. To find your Snapcode, follow the steps below;
1. Open your Snapchat app.
2. Select the ghost icon in the top middle of the screen
3. You should see your snapcode in the center of your Profile Screen, found by tapping in the upper center of the Camera Screen.
How to add a selfie to Snapcode?
Snapchat gives you the option to personalize your Snapcode by adding an animated selfie. To create your own animated Snapcode, follow the step by step guide;
1. Tap the Snapchat ghost icon at the top of your Camera screen
2. Tap your Snapcode, and the Snapcode Selfie screen will appear
3. To capture your Snapcode Selfie, get your game face ready and then tap the camera button and say cheese!
4. The camera will automatically take five selfies to create your animated Snapcode Selfie.
If you are not happy with your Snapcode you can always tap to try again and update your Snapcode Selfie at any time.
Please note that the animated Snapcode you created will be shown to other Snapchatters, so make sure it is something you’d like to share.
How to Save and Share Snapcode Selfie?
Before you try to save or share your Snapcode please make sure that Snapchat has access to Photos in your device’s permissions settings. If you Love your Snapcode Selfie so much and you want to share it? You can do so by following the steps;
1. Tap your Snapcode Selfie
2. Tap the upload icon in the top right corner and select ‘Share’
3. You can choose to save/share a photo or video animation of your Selfie.
How to Delete Snapcode Selfie?
If you are not satisfied with the Snapcode selfie you created or don’t want people to share, you can always delete it by following the below steps to remove your Snapcode Selfie.
1. Tap your Snapcode Selfie
2. Tap the bell notification icon in the top left corner
3. Tap ‘Remove’
4. Once you removed or deleted your Snapcode Selfie, it will appear blank until you create a new one.
Scanning a Snapcode is totally easy, you just simply point your Snapchat camera at a Snapcode, and then press and hold on the screen. That’s it.
How to Add Friends by Snapcode?
You have a Snapcode to Add? Well adding by Snapchat’s Snapcode is one of the quickest ways to add friends on Snapchat by just scanning the Snapcodes you’ve screenshotted or saved on your device. You can add a friend’s Snapcode by following the instructions below:
1. Take a screenshot of a friend’s Snapcode.
2. Open Snapchat, then tap the Snapchat ghost icon at the top of the camera screen.
3. Tap the ‘Add Friends’ button.
4. Tap ‘Add by Snapcode’.
5. Tap a Snapcode to add the associated Snapchatter.
6. Done. Start Snapping with that friend you just added.
Snapchat has some guidelines that you will have to follow when creating and using these snapcodes. To be on the safer side, please read first the Snapcode Usage Guidelines before playing with Snapcodes.
This post was last updated on May 20, 2018.
What is a Snapcode? How to Create and Add Friends With a Snapcode was last modified: September 30th, 2018 by admin